Terms & Conditions
1. Contract - The contract is for the hire of the property for short term holiday letting and will be entered into when the required deposit payment has been received (see next point).
2. Payment - A deposit of £100 will be required secure the booking. The balance of the total will be due for payment six weeks before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made within six weeks of the start of the holiday the full amount must be made when booking.
Failure to make full payment at the appropriate time may result in the cancellation of the booking and the deposit to be forfeited.
Payment may be made by bank transfer or cheque. Details will be provided when you make a booking.
3. Damage Deposit - A fully refundable damage deposit of £100 is also to be paid before the booking.
Should any damage, beyond reasonable wear and tear, be incurred by the Hirer the cost of this will be agreed with the Hirer before being taken from the deposit. Otherwise the full deposit will be returned within one week (usually sooner) of the end of the hire term.
4. Cancellation - The Hirer should notify the cottage owner/manager as soon as possible should the booking need to be cancelled.
For any cancellation within 6 weeks of the start date where the booked cannot be re-let, the deposit will be forfeited. If the remainder of the balance has been paid at the time of the cancellation and the owner/manager is able to re-let, then the remainder of the balance will be returned. If the booking cannot be re-let then 50% of the balance will be retained. Guests are strongly encouraged to have holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
The owner/manager undertakes to make every effort to fill cancelled bookings by promoting the cancelled period through the website and making contact with other potential guests.
5. Hirer's Responsibilities - The Hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take care of it. Please leave all equipment and utensils etc, and the property itself, clean and tidy at the end of your stay. All damages/breakages should be reported as soon as they occur. The owner/manager reserves the right to charge for any serious damage/breakages/extra cleaning which is deemed outside the normal wear and tear. See damage deposit above.
6. Owner's/Manager's Responsibilities - The owner/manager is responsible for ensuring the property is supplied to the Hirer clean, warm and with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order. A full, thorough clean takes place before each new letting.
7. Arrival and Departure - The arrival and departure day is usually a Saturday for week long lets, unless otherwise agreed with the owner/manager. The cottages will be ready for your arrival after 4pm, and we would ask that you vacate by 10am on your day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with the owner/manager. Where possible we can arrange earlier arrivals and later departures but this will depend on adjacent bookings.
8. Numbers of people occupying a property - Under no circumstances may more people stay at each property than there are beds. This is an important insurance requirement.
9. Keys and Directions - Directions can be found on the website. We are usually here to greet guests and show them round. In the event we will not be here on arrival, we will forward arrival instructions in the week beofre the holiday commences
10. Fuel and Electricity - Electricity charges are included in the cost of renting all the properties. For the wood burners please see each property details.
11. Complaints - Any complaints must be made immediately to the owner/manager, who will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible, to ensure the continued enjoyment of your holiday. Any other complaints must be confirmed in writing within seven days of the end date of the Hirer's holiday.